D-STAR Digital Voice capability
The IC-E80D can transmit and receive D-STAR format digital voice and 950 bps* data communication, simultaneously. Analog FM mode is also available.
GPS position reporting functions
Your position data is shown on the display and can be sent* to other station. In addition, the GPS A mode assists in D-PRS mode operation to send your position information to an APRS server.
*Optional HM-189GPS is required.
The IC-E80D covers 0.495–999.990MHz.* You will be able to listen to aviation, marine, weather channels and other utility communications.
* Receiver range depending on versions. See specification page for details.
CS-80/880 free download software
Used with the CS-80/880 cloning software, various settings can be made from a PC. Share your memory channels info and radio settings.
* Either OPC-1529R, OPC-478 or OPC-478UC optional cable is required.
D-STAR repeater list and DR mode operation
The D-STAR repeater list stores up to 300 channels of repeater call signs, frequencies, gateway call signs, duplex direction and offset frequency with 8- character channel name.
The D-STAR repeater (DR) mode operation makes it easier to use D-STAR repeater.
Optional GPS speaker-microphone
When used with the GPS speakermicrophone, HM-189GPS, the IC-E80D shows your position data on its LCD display and offers automatic position reporting in DV mode.
5 Watts (typical) output power
The IC-E80D provides 5W (typ.) output power in both VHF/UHF bands. The supplied Lithium-Ion battery, BP-217, provides up to 6 hours* of operating time.
* Tx high: Rx: Stand-by duty ratio= 1 min.: 1 min.: 8 min.Power save on.
External DC power jack
The external DC power jack allows for operation with an external DC power supply (10–16V DC). When used with the DC power cable, operation during charging is possible.
• Total of 1052 memory channels with 8-character channel name
• 16 channels DTMF memory (24-digit)
• LCD and keypad backlighting
• Monitor function to listen to a weak signal
• Built-in CTCSS/DTCS tone encoder and decoder (FM mode only)
• Tone scan and pocket beep function
• 26 memory banks with selected bank and bank link scanning
• Key lock function
• 1750Hz tone function
• 4 step RF power selection(5W, 2.5W, 0.5W, 0.1W)
• IPX4*1 water-resistant construction
• Auto power save and auto power off
• 10dB (approx.) built-in attenuator
* 1 Only when the supplied battery pack (or optionalbattery case), antenna and jack cover are attached.
Other digital features
• One touch reply function
• 50 channels GPS memory and GPS alarm
• 300 channels D-STAR repeater list
• D-STAR access repeater scan